BDG LifeSciences (OPC) Pvt. Ltd. India is a Bioinformatics company expertise in conducting Workshops, Training, Novel Research Projects & Online Courses in technologies of Bioinformatics and is into business since 2010. Being proficient in Drug Discovery & Designing, MD Simulations, NGS Data Analysis, and Gene & Genome Editing by CRISPR/Cas9 to date, we have successfully trained hundreds of participants who were not only students but scientists, faculties, professors, company executives, etc across the world.
As we believe in a different way of learning which is HANDS-ON PRACTICAL SESSIONS our workshops are unique because participants perform on their own computer/laptop on software/servers, so it is 100 % practical application of technology which is the main reason of BEING A LEADER in the sector for the last 10 years. To view the pictures of our previous events click here-1 and click here-2. To view, the listing of upcoming events kindly click here and our previous workshops can be viewed here. To view the video feedback of our previous events kindly visit our YouTube Channel
We are the first to launch a workshop and training course (Online & Onsite) on CRISPR/Cas 9 in May 2017 and since then did it successfully several times. Now advancing in the technology we have launched a 5-day complete hands-on Online Workshop in CRISPR based Gene Therapy. Currently, CRISPR/Cas9 based Genome Editing is becoming one of the most promising tools for treating human genetic diseases, including cardiovascular diseases, neuro-disorders, and cancers. CRISPR technology is 80% wet lab and 20% computational, we cover the computational part. It will be an extensive hands-on training program in which participants will run the processes (insilico) on their own computer systems with complete learning of this revolutionary technology. Video recording of each session will be provided at the end of the session to give the user a unique learning experience. On successful completion of the course participation certificate will be awarded.
- CRISPR basics & Ethics
- Applications of CRISPR in Gene therapy for genetic disorders
- GuideRNA design,
- Repair Template Design,
- Knock-out of genes
- Knock-in of genes
- Precise Editing of genes
- Activation & Suppression of genes
- Validation of CRISPR Edits from sequencing data
- Delivery systems used in CRISPR based gene therapy
OUTCOME OF THIS PROGRAM: Participants will learn to design CRISPR based solutions to target genetic disorders. They will learn how to use bioinformatics tools to design guideRNA and repair templates used in CRISPR based gene editing. They will also learn to design CRISPR based Knock-out, Knock-in, knock-down and knock-up of specific genes. Further they will learn software tools that offers fast and reliable analysis of CRISPR editing data.
Student: Bachelor, Masters, PhD, MBBS, MD students as well as Faculty and Professors from Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Immunology, Medicine, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biomedical Technology, Genetics, Bioinformatics, Plant Science and Life Sciences.
Professionals: Resident Doctors, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Medicine and Pharmaceutical scientists from industry, academia, and regulatory agencies. Hands-on exercises will be performed individually using software tools on your own laptops. (no prior experience required).
Dr. Shahul Hameed is a researcher and his research involves developing CRISPR based gene therapy for Muscular dystrophy and Sickle Cell Anaemia. He is also involved in the development of novel delivery systems for gene therapy. His research interest extends to design of mRNA based therapeutics and design of Artificial Intelligence based Digital health & Imaging tools. In Collaboration with Dystrophy Annihilation Research Trust, his lab was involved in gene editing of DMD gene for development of CRISPR based therapeutics. [Nov 2018 to Aug 2022]
He has worked as Senior Assistant Professor at B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent University, Chennai and earlier at Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Erode. He was involved in teaching biotechnology subjects like Protein Engineering, Genomics and Proteomics, Structural Biology, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Genetic Engineering and Chemical Reaction Engineering to students. His research work involved Drug Design against S100A4 oncoprotein. Further development of Machine Learning based tools for predicting thermodynamic stability of enzyme mutants. He was selected through ERASMUS to conduct workshops on drug design and protein engineering at University of Nottingham, UK.
He is a PhD in Biological Sciences from Indian Institute of Science(IISc), Bangalore. At IISc, his research work involved Protein Engineering and Structural Characterization of the engineered mutants using Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and other biophysical methods. His research work also involved characterization of Protein-Protein interactions using experimental techniques, like NMR and Mass spectrometry, genetic engineering and Computer simulations.
He did his postdoctoral training at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai. There his work involved development of novel NMR techniques to study huge protein complexes. His work also involved Cloning, Protein Expression and Purification of motor proteins.
T & C
- It is recommended to provide GMAIL email address.
- Video recording of each session will be provided at the end of the session to give the user a unique learning experience.
- Interactive training sessions will be conducted on Google Meet/Zoom so to give users a better learning experience.
- As it is with a LIVE TRAINER hence practical application, i.e., the experiments/tasks to be performed can be done in the best explainable manner.
- In this Online Workshop, there will be a LIVE trainer who will solve queries along with training.
- Make sure you register under the right category. If you register under the wrong category then your registration will be invalid and NO REFUND WILL BE MADE IN THIS CASE. This is your mistake and the company is not responsible for it.
- To avoid this do read the description of the ticket before selecting and proceeding with payment.
- You need to upload your professional ID which can be your Student ID Card or Research Institute ID Card or Company ID Card.
- The certificate will be issued as per the details which you provide in the registration form while registering before payment.
- Once you register relax we will send you the meeting link after the workshop registration gets over.
- After registration you will receive a welcome email with all the details and the meeting link four hours before the first session; if you haven't received it in your inbox, please check your SPAM/JUNK folder two hours before the session.
- The program is SELF-PACED.
- After each session video of that particular session will be shared with you so you can go through as many times as you want and perfect yourself in the topics & tasks.
- If you miss any session then NO PROBLEM you can still perform the tasks by going through the video of that particular session.
- We want to make sure that you learn properly hence the training certificate will be given ONLY on successful completion of all the tasks given by the trainer.
- The certificates of all our Online programs are sent by email(softcopy) which has a unique barcode. You can take a print of that on heavy cardstock or photo paper and get it laminated if required.
- The registration is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- BDG Lifesciences (OPC) Pvt. Ltd., India reserves the right of admission in all our programs.
- If you are removed or your registration is canceled then there will be no answer to that. We have our own reasons for such an act of ours
- If we do not wish to give this workshop to any participant then we will refund their amount.
- You should also read the Terms & Conditions page as well as the FAQs page. For any assistance kindly chat with our AI Assistant BioBot on the website www.bdglifesciences.com